Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Johanna's Intro...


Hello there,

My name is Johanna Greer, 29, and I'm a non-traditional student here at Washburn. I have been taking classes on and off since 2003. I am currently a senior majoring in Mass Media with an emphasis in both Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Business. I would love to do a mixture of both PR and advertising for a business or a non-profit organization.



Over the past 10-12 years I have been working mostly in the restaurant industry. I've done it all from washing dishes, cooking, waiting tables, bar-tending, and managing.  I currently work as a Customer Sales Associate part-time at CoreFirst Bank & Trust while I go to school full-time. I've worked there just over a year and I love it! I am hoping to graduate in May 2015. Yay!



This year has turned out to be a big year for me! First, over spring break this year I got the chance to do a study abroad program in Paris, France. It was a mass media seminar at The American University of Paris. It was an amazing opportunity, I would recommend a study abroad program to any student wishing to broaden their horizons. Second, I got engaged to my longtime boyfriend, Justin. And third, we found out we are expecting our first child (a son) in December. Double Yay!!



Pictured below: Me on top of the Eiffel Tower J


No comments:

Post a Comment