Kelsey and
Advertising
I got into creative advertising because I figured I’m good
at graphic design and in high school I designed the ads for the school
newspaper and loved it. I would have majored in art with an emphasis in graphic
design, however, when I was a freshman, that program did not exist yet and I
didn’t want to major in art because I thought it was the “easy way out.” Boy
was I wrong. With art as my minor, I have been more challenged intellectually
and creatively and worked harder for my grade than I have with any of my
electives and major courses.
This being my last full semester at Washburn, I am glad I
decided to major in advertising and minor in art. My education has been well
rounded with learning the business side of advertising while growing as a graphic
designer.
Kelsey and Public Relations?
So, now I’ve probably got you wondering why I’m taking this
class. In brutal honesty, it wasn’t my first choice. Entrepreneurial media was
the class I wanted to take. However, because of health issues with the
professor, it was canceled, and to keep from postponing my walk across the
stage in May, I decided to take this class.
Kelsey Elizabeth- The Photographer and Graphic Designer
As a young woman, I have a very diverse portfolio. My first
true love is photography. My photography portfolio is filled with photos of
families, babies, high school seniors, animals, scenery, plants/flowers, and my
favorite sport, hockey. I have yet to find my niche, however, the more I shoot
sports, the more I love it and the challenges it brings. (I could go on, but I
won’t bore you)
My second love in life is graphic design. This too brings
diversity to my portfolio with projects ranging from logos, packaging,
page/magazine/newsletter layout, identity kits, and a tad bit of video.
Take a look at my portfolio : http://kelseyelizabeth.com/ (this site
is about to go under the knife. There will be a secondary link to click to send
you to my temporary website)
###

No comments:
Post a Comment