Sunday, August 24, 2014

Veronica Diaz - Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Veronica Diaz. I currently am 22 years old and am a senior at Washburn University. I am a public relations major with my minor being in non-profit management.

I am not married nor do I have any children, but that does not mean I am not busy. I am an active member in Delta Gamma and I work at TFI Family Services as a facilitator. I also nanny as my second job. Those kids may not be biologically mine, but that does not mean I don't care about them just the same. I work for two different families. The first has me taking care of a 4 year-old during the early morning (5 am) while his parents are at work. Luckily he is often asleep, so I can do the same until it is time to get him ready for school. The second family is a bit more of a handful. I watch over a 5 year-old boy, an almost 3 year-old boy, and their newborn sister. Nannying can be a handful, but I absolutely love it!

I have always had a soft spot for children and improving the quality of life for everyone. For this reason, I hope to be working PR for a non-profit organization after graduation. I want to represent and be the advocate for change in those less fortunate. During my internship at Heartland Visioning this summer I was fortunate enough to work on a first-name basis with a lot of the community leaders of Topeka, including executive directors of many non-profit organizations. I partook in many events and feel very confident in my decision in working in this feel. It excites to become a part of that world and I know I will enjoy it and do great.


No comments:

Post a Comment