Sunday, September 7, 2014

Johanna Greer: Dream Job.

Hello Class,

The job I chose for this blog post was the Account Executive-Integrated Marketing Publicity for Rogers & Cowan in Los Angeles, California. (Here is the link for their job posting)

Rogers & Cowan are the worldwide leader in the entertainment PR. They specialize in developing publicity campaigns and utilizing a blend of media relations, promotions, and special events. With offices in Los Angeles, New York and London, Rogers & Cowan is strategically positioned in three of the largest media centers in the world.

This would be a great job, definitely a dream job. I have always been interested in the entertainment industry. I loved the idea of developing publicity campaigns and utilizing a blend of media relations, promotions, and special events. The chance to be in Los Angeles, California, would be amazing and scary at the same time.

I feel like many of the qualities they are asking for are qualities I have:

-a motivated self-starter who is focused on delivering results.
-someone who is energetic, organized, thoughtful, and creative
-be organized, detailed oriented and creative.
-someone who produces high-quality work with strong, time sensitive results.

The most challenging part would be moving away and learning to multi-task and communicate professionally and effectively with our clients. I would have to be in daily contact with the media and our clients to ensure that their goals are met in securing and identifying publicity opportunities
This position would require me to be in charge publicity/PR campaigns and initiatives working on diversified group of accounts which would would be a new and challenging task.

The skills I would need to strengthen would include strong writing, PR and pitching skills. Also, I would need to gain a network of established editorial pitching contacts at top national print, online and broadcast media outlets.


I am looking forward to learning how to strengthen these skills to become an optimal job candidate.

1 comment:

  1. Working within the entertainment industry would be exciting. Depending on your clients you would most certainly have your work cut out for you. I doubt you'd ever be bored. I idea of living in Los Angeles, however, would keep me away from this job.

    ReplyDelete