Friday, September 5, 2014

My Dream Job - I wouldn't skip a beat

By: Veronica Diaz

Public Relations Specialist for the Banner Health Foundation Communication, Marketing and E-Communications Specialist for the National Conference for Community and Justice of CT and WMA, Inc., Director of Marketing & Communications for the American Heart Association.
All of these jobs sound attractive to me because they are all PR positions in a nonprofit setting. They would allow me to practice in an area that greatly interests me. If I was to choose one for this assignment, I think I would prefer to work for the American Heart Association, because heart health is the number one cause of death in the United States and I would like to help raise awareness and prevention.

As stated on the website, http://www.ihiremarketing.com/ppc/dp/03/35883435?ispd=1&Campaign=IndeedPPC, one must have experience in executing local market strategies, managing multiple priorities, and managing large events and projects. I believe I have the right skills to potentially do that, but I do not have the experience required for the position yet. I am organized and knowledgeable on the structure of nonprofits organizations. I can confidently talk to community members about an issue and feel comfortable exploring different communication methods to reach my audience. 

In order to fulfill that position I need to continue to build my involvement as a communications representative in nonprofit organizations. I need to become a stronger influence and motivator in the community. For me, the most challenging part of this position would be selling ideas, projects and programs to the media. I can be influential, but I don’t know how effective I would be yet. It would be something I would need to become knowledgeable about in order to become comfortable enough to successfully execute our goals.







1 comment:

  1. Veronica;

    I think that it is great that you are interested in non-profit work. One of the best ways to gain the experience that would help you is to get an internship in a non-profit field. I did see a posting that March of Dimes is seeking interns. While it isn't the American Heart Association, it is a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete