Thursday, September 4, 2014

TJ's "Dream" job


I chose somewhat of a dream job, but not exactly. I picked the job of, Senior Director, Corporate Communications - Washington Nationals, Major League Baseball. It is somewhat of a dream job because it involves sports, but it's not my favorite team, so not quite a dream job.

The job requires leadership, management, and communication skills. Those are three areas that are definite strengths of mine and tools I could use to capitalize on. The job requires working with the team’s management and with outside stakeholders to grow the team brand. I can use all three of the skills already listed to accomplish the owner’s goals in the best fashion possible. My ability to understand what others what from my job is a major advantage for me and would help me move the team’s image in the right direction. My crisis management skills would come in great handy as there seems to always be a crisis in sports in one way or the other. I could use my experience with crisis management to structure a crisis plan and make sure it is as complete and practiced as possible. My leadership and management skills would be very helpful in not only developing the plan but in its implementation.

The job requires, "
advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and graphic design software program". Those are two areas I will have to improve at. My Microsoft knowledge is good but not advanced I would need to learn a graphic design program.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the skills you listed will definitely be essential in order to successfully do this job. I know you mentioned you are interested in sports, but how knowledgeable are you on baseball? I believe that will also be really important for a job like this one.

    ReplyDelete