I think this job would be a great entry level job to start out with. The responsibilities cover a variety of skills that may be required for certain full time jobs later in the future. I would love this job because I would get experience many different areas doing things that would benefit me in the future. Since it is only a part time job, it would allow me to learn as I go and not have to know everything once I directly entered the job. I am nervous about getting a full time job right out of college for fear of not knowing what employers think I should have been taught.
The most challenging part of this job would be implementing marketing and advertising campaigns, as I don't really know where to start with implementing such things. I am in an advertising class now and am learning a lot, but I need to study who to contact in order to get an advertisement into the public and reaching the target audience.
I would need to strengthen my verbal skills. I normally say what comes to my head without thinking. That is not always a good thing and it gets me in trouble more often than not. So to address the press in this job, I would need to hone that skill. Having a "Murder, Mayhem and Meida" course last semester helped to learn what things should and shouldn't be said to the press, but I would still need to work on my own skill set.
Link to ideal job here
If you're worried about having to initiate promotions on your own right out of college then you're right about starting out with part time first since they probably have full time employees already that you would be helping out. Starting part time also gives the ability to grow with the company.
ReplyDelete