Sunday, September 7, 2014

Olivia as a Marketing Director

It took me some time to find a job I could imagine working at someday. I chose one that was not an entry-level position, but rather a job I could see myself doing for a number of years, in a location I would love. This is a Marketing Director position (a very common job title that exists in many different corporations and non-profit organizations) at SCS Global Services in Emeryville, California. http://www.scsglobalservices.com/careers?scscertified=1&nl=1&jvi=onovZfwZ,Job&jvs=Indeed&jvk=Job
I like this particular job, because the company I would be working with shares my values. It is an environmental company, and I could exploit my passion for sustainability toward my work. When you are motivated in the area of your career, it tends to show. From the beginning, I saw some cyclists in a picture at the top of the website, and that is one of the details that drew me in. 
The most challenging part of this job could easily be all of the tasks that the Marketing Director is responsible for. It would be a fast-paced corporate job, with the values of a non-profit. My weakness would probably be the marketing aspect; I feel that my public relations skills would be adequate, but creating marketing campaigns and analyzing them would need more work, since that is not in my area of study at the moment. 

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you can marry your profession to something you're passionate about is really awesome. Not many people can do that. So I'd say that whatever your professional aspirations, that should be your guiding principle.

    And about the marketing, my only advice would be to take some classes while at Washburn. Also, I'm sure that there are many resources online that can give you at least some footing. For instance, there's this:

    http://www.entrepreneur.com/marketing/marketingbasics/

    ReplyDelete